Exploring how photonics research can help tackle future public health and economic challenges
Photonics has an important role to play in tackling the future public health and economic challenges raised by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Professor Sir David Payne, Principal Investigator of The Future Photonics Hub and Director of the Optoelectronics Research Centre (ORC), shares his thoughts on what the future holds.
* How the UKs research agenda may change in the wake of COVID-19?
* How might research funding areas change as a result? * How is the UK research community as a whole likely to adapt?
* How can academia collaborate more effectively with industry? * How does photonics fit into the wider research agenda?
* How could photonics research contribute to medical solutions for diseases such as COVID-19? * Are there other areas where photonics could provide solutions to problems associated with the pandemic?
* How is The Future Photonics Hub helping to maximise the potential of photonics technology?