IN THIS SECTION
28 January 2009
Professor Nikolay Zheludev announced as New Editor-in-Chief for top IOP Journal
ORC Deputy Director Professor Nikolay Zheludev has recently been announced as the new Editor-in-Chief for the Institute of Physics (IOP), Journal of Optics A: Pure and Applied Optics.
Professor Zheludev will take over from Professor Colin Sheppard who has led the journal for the last 5 years.
The IOP are aiming for the journal to become a prime destination for quality papers in optics and photonics worldwide. A number of changes will be made to the journal over the next year including the shortening of the journals name to Journal of Optics in 2010.
The journal will also be broken down into the following eight key sections from 2009:
- Nanophotonics and plasmonics;
- Metamaterials and structured photonic materials;
- Nonlinear and ultrafast optics;
- Photonics at the life science interface;
- Information and communication optics;
- Integrated optics systems and devices;
- Material processing with light;
- Propagation, diffraction and scattering
Copyright University of Southampton 2006